Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a week in iphone pictures

Thank goodness for my loads of energy on my days off that came out of nowhere (nowhere... or the daunting list of to-do's that seems to be growing). Last week I finally tackled the formal living room. I think i've been putting off this room because 1) it's HUGE and we simply don't have enough to fill it 2) the colors of this room...... so many shades of gold. I love gold but gold carpet/walls/and ceiling.. a bit much. But I threw together some leftover wedding decor and called it a day. At least there's something to this room now! Don't mind the slipcover project on the chairs for now :)





 I'm also trying to be more thrifty when it comes to personal shopping. Less spending on clothes/candles/things I want and more focus on things we need.. or projects we're working on at least. I had a tulle white dress I wore last summer to my bridal showers and decided to re-purpose it as a skirt with a jean shirt on top. I loved how it looked and decided I'll be making some more tulle skirts asap. 
 just alittle shoutout to my preachin' man ;) love getting to hear him do his thing! here he is preaching to the seniors at their baccalaureate service.
 while redoing the bathroom and ending up in tears and figuring out a rented weedeater to conquere the yard, we mananged to finish one project! This script roll on our dining table wall. It was so simple, I don't know why we didn't do it sooner... I bought a wood dowel at a hardware store and slid it through a roll of brown paper (found in the mail supplies section at target) then tied yard around the ends and hang on a nail. boom. 


 we ended our exhausting night of home improvement projects with a sonic run. I'm embarrased to say how much food we ordered for just us two but here's a picture to honor Sonic's summer of shakes (their half price shakes start at 8pm... so when we drove up and realized it was 7:55pm, do you think we waited to order? absolutely. call us cheap or whatever)


No comments:

Post a Comment