Saturday, May 10, 2014

mixers, spatulas, and flowers...oh my!

We had Ashley's "kitchen themed" bridal shower this morning and had so much fun! I was so excited to see this shower decor come to life. Ashley had mentioned she really liked the kitchen theme idea and then I just really liked the black/gold/bold color scheme to it all worked together perfectly. 


this chalkboard is one that I had from my wedding, I wrote their initials on it as if it was a monogram and then added some silk flowers for decor

 I had text Aaron (the groom) about a month ago asking why he loved ashley and he responded with this.. I framed it and it was such a hit at the party! It caused many tears!
 How cute are this witty little signs that I incorporated with the kitchen theme?
 again with the witty sign and the 'R' was just some scrapbook paper I cut out and added to a frame I had




 I made this fruit and cheese platter.. I choose a more "elegant" look but thought it turned out cute!
I used another chalkboard that I had from our wedding and wrote a "recipe for marriage" on it (the measurements are not accurate ;)) I added a cupcake liner garland and some cute fabrics I got


 we had recipe cards and a recipe book that everyone could fill out for Ashley

It was so easy to decorate for this shower-I grabbed so many items out of my kitchen and just put it all together

 We had a punch and lemonade to drink
 the invitations, handmade by Kate
 bingo cards for our game

 Kate also made this backdrop that went along with our kitchen theme as well
 the bride!
 what we ate:
chicken salad, pasta salad, cheese/fruit, puppy chow, chips/queso, ooey gooey butter bars

what we did:
movie quote game: I had a list of well known quotes from romantic movies. we split the room into 2 teams and the teams had to guess the correct movie the quote came from

bingo: we had everyone fill out bingo cards with what they thought ashley might get as a gift at her shower and as she opened her gifts they can check off the boxes



 here's the whole group of ladies together
here's myself and the bride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment