Thursday, May 1, 2014

May goals


I decided to try this whole monthly goals thing. I know of these are a simple list "blog once a week", "Wake up at 5:00am", etc. but mine are more reflections and convictions of my heart and what I would like to change. 

So, here's a shot at it:

  Marriage
   Focus on respecting my husband more. This means waking up early on my morning off to make his coffee and breakfast, or run errands for him instead of indulging in Netflix, or having a clean house and meal prepared when he comes home from work.
      Less screen time
  I’m so so guilty of spending so much time on my phone and computer. I want to spend less time looking at a screen (and ahem, comparing my life to that of others through spending so much looking at blogs) and more time enjoying the life right in front of me.
   **cody and I did decrease our TV time in the recent 2 months and instead listen to podcasts together or play the game of Life and it’s so much more enjoyable!
   Financial
   Look more closely at our budgets and stick closer to it. It’s so easy to not stick our boundaries when there’s a few extra dollars for a cushion. I want to be more strict on spending only what’s necessary and more relaxed on giving.
     Encourage
   I want to push Cody to apply to seminary this month! It’ll be a huge step for us but I know his desires and want to push him to achieve a Master’s Degree in Theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment