Monday, March 6, 2017

Big sister and the belly



For months now I've been so excited to see Evynn grow into the role of big sister! She's been SO loving to her baby dolls, wrapping them in blankets, patting their backs, sharing milk and snacks with them, saying "shh", etc. she would also come up to my belly, raise my shirt, kiss my belly and run away.

But here lately in the last few weeks, she must sense a big change is coming involving her mom because she. Is. Fiesty. She is instantly so fussy/screaming/crying once I hold her and laying her down at night is pretty much impossible. Cody, so sweetly, takes over 99% of the duties, he loves this girl but I think he can sense the pain it causes me to have Evynn completely resent me. There's been moments where I've lost my patience wayy too much with Evynn and I hate to look back at that moment. Luckily, the little sweetie is quick to give hugs and kisses quickly after a bad mom moment.

My prayer is for an extra large dose of patience in the coming weeks and especially in the newborn days. It is such a blessing to be able to be a mama to two, but I am not naive to think it's going to be a walk in the park.

I know its a very challenging season regardless, I've heard months 21-25 are just plain hard. Even this week she has decided she would make night time a long ordeal, again, after months of having her peacefully go down.



After taking my 32 week picture a few weeks ago, Cody snapped a few pictures of Evynn and myself:









No comments:

Post a Comment