Sunday, December 4, 2016

ginger reveal party | baby #2

We had our gingerbread themed gender reveal for baby #2 this weekend, or as a co-worker called it.. our ginger reveal ;) It was SO fun, family and friends came together, with yummy snacks, Christmas decorations everywhere and the biggest reveal. It has been so much fun to plan!

We had our ultrasound last Wednesday and I immediately took the results to Ashley who is the official secret keeper. She stuffed the box that we had wrapped and prepared, with either red (girl) or green (boy) tissue paper. 

Then we wait..

Onto the party!

I made the invites just in a word document and printed them on my go-to brown paper, easy and simple!
I am definitely not a gingerbread house designer, I realized this weekend, but I still made a few to decorate

I had bought the red and green banner from target months ago and more recently cut out these gingerbread men from the brown paper. I bought a package of red and green bow stickers from hobby lobby and made theme alternating bow ties/hair bows

pinterest (as always) made the gingerbread houses from graham crackers look SO easy, but I made it work, ha! I found these tiny gingerbread boy and girl decor at target and couldn't resist... they matched the banner above perfectly!

I glued together 3 mini candy canes to form little stands for food label cards


And of course we had a hot cocoa bar! I used a crockpot hot cocoa bar which was... HOT! but oh so rich and good! I also had whipped cream, carmel, peppermint, white chocolate chips, and marshmallows to customize your drink. Ev went little crazy with marshmallows but hey, party days mean no rules.. right?


Ashley got the cutest cookies made for the party!


Here is our entrance table to the house that we made simple... I found this gender neutral Christmas onesie the day before the party and bought it in the size this baby will be next Christmas. I had made the "old wives tales" chalkboard weeks ago, and Cody almost had me convinced that it was old WISE tales.. but turns out, it's not.

We had so much fun munching on goodies and the big kids decorated cookies at the cookie table! 



In perfect timing, by the time of the reveal Evynn was not in the mood for pictures 

















after our party, we did a mini Christmas with Cody and Stephanie since we're missing the actual holiday with them



Evynn loves her noah's ark set and stroller/kitty that her aunt and uncle got her!


She loves us even though it was quite the day ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment