Wednesday, August 5, 2015

pregnancy recap

we should've been better about checking the lighting to make sure they all matched, oops ;)


this pregnancy I gained: 
lots of unfortunate stretch marks
30 pounds of weight gain
sweet cravings
multiple cups of ice a day
a new found appreciation for my body
a greater prayer life 
1 precious baby girl



What I’ll miss about pregnancy
  • ·      Eating whatever I want. I did try to take it easy and not eat a burger and fries everyday, but it was great to have so much freedom and what to eat. Thank you for not being gestational diabetic, that would’ve put a real damper on my sweet tooth cravings ;) Now time to kick these pounds to the curb!
  • ·      Feeling movements. I love being able to actually hold her and stroke her sweet head… But, there’s something about feeling and seeing a little body part poke out of your stomach, or feel her squirm around inside that reminds you of God’s perfect and detailed creation and how fascinating pregnancy is!
  • ·      Body changes. This has been both good and bad. I actually struggled a lot with insecurities this entire pregnancy when it came to accepting my growing body. But, I know this is a rare gift that not everyone gets to experience, and those who do, only a few times. It truly is fascinating to have watched my belly grow from a teeny “food baby” to a full on baby poking out. There’s just something about that pregnancy glow too ;)
  • ·      Sleep J now that miss Evynn is here I’m barely making it on 3-4 hours of sleep and coming from a girl who has always had 9-10 hours.. this has been rough! In my pregnancy I could sleep and sleep well, especially those last few weeks!
I I can't believe my whole pregnancy is gone and over! Last November seemed just around the corner. I remember the afternoon Cody and I found out we were expecting this precious miracle like it was yesterday. I tell cody often, "I wish we could bottle up that moment and replay it" just to re-feel that excitement of such big, surprising news! We spent the next 9 months in heavy prayer.. they started as praying for a true pregnancy, praying for a pregnancy that survives, praying for movement, praying for our baby girl, praying for consistent movement, and so on. As each trimester passed by I had different concerns and fears and had to rely on the Lord for all of them. Cody and I have said (and continue to say it as we tackle these first few weeks) that having a baby has definitely strengthened our prayer life. I look forward to future pregnancies and babies but nothing can compare to the first and all of the unknowns!


No comments:

Post a Comment