Monday, August 24, 2015

evynn claire | one month

I can't believe Evynn is already one month old!! The weeks have flown by! 


How many months old? 1 month
Weight? 8lb 5oz
Length? I’m not sure.. but she seems so long! She was 20.5inches at birth, so surely more than that!
Doctor check-up? Everything looks good. Our main concern has been her weight, resulting in us going to get re-weighed every week. This past Friday her weight finally got past her birth weight. This has been after supplementing with breastmilk in a bottle after every feed. We’ll go again this Friday to make sure our weight didn’t pause again and hopefully we’ll be able to stop supplementing! Poor baby has baby acne to the max right now, hoping that clears soon. She also woke up this week with her eye matted shut with nasty, but it sounds like a clogged tear duct and it cleared up in a few hours.
Any teeth? no teeth


Sleep? That differs night to night.. we’ve had a consistent flow of family so Cody and I have handed off a very wide awake Evynn to family at 9/10 or so and head to bed and then our family brings her into us at about 11/12 or whenever she gets hungry. Then she miiiiight sleep until 3 or stay wide awake and fuss if you lay her down.. these are the not so fun nights ;) other nights I wake up on my own to a very peacefully sleeping baby and it’s time to eat. More recently we’ve been giving her a bath, nursing her about 8/9 and then rocking her to sleep… or just staying up if she’s wide awake. Then she’ll sleep good for a few hours until the next feed. Also, we put her bassinet on Cody’s side of the bed a few nights ago and she’s been sleeping better… sounds like we have a daddy’s girl on our hands
Feeding? This has been quite the struggle. I thought breastfeeding was going great from day 1. That is until her 2 day checkup.. then 2 week.. then 3 week… all the same weight, not gaining/not losing. I then worried about my supply and started pumping after every feed and taking fenugreek. Then her pediatrician instructed me to give a bottle of breastmilk after I nursed her to supplement. So it’s been exhausting, feedings take about an hour by the time we nurse, pump, give bottle and then clean everything for the next round in another hour. Whew. I do hope we can stop supplementing sometime soon. I look forward to a “normal” breastfeeding relationship with this girl.


 Eating anything? No no
Developmental milestones? This girl has been lifting her head way up from day 1! She continues to do so and (no lie) acts like she wants to roll over when we do tummy time. She will look at us for short periods of time before tracing her eyes onto the next best thing. She loves looking at the tv and lights. She’s starting cooing and making adorable girly sounds.
Favorite toy? Not into toys yet.. I guess I could include her swing though. I did lay out her play gym yesterday, I know she’s too young to grab at the toys but she wanted to lay and look around so I figured that would be a good place for her to enjoy. I did catch her making some (gassy?) smiles at the mirror though, haha
Speech and language? She makes the sweetest little baby noises and sighs
Loves? Walking around outside with dad, her paci, sleeping in (she sleeps SO good 6-9am!), laying on her changing table, warm baths, to pee right after changing her diaper3
Dislikes? Being cut off from eating sitting at the breastaurant, going to bed, wet diapers, having a blanket on her legs when she’s in her swing
We love: your stretches! My goodness you make the cutest faces and the loudest stretching noises! Your facial expressions, you’ve had bigger smiles and more pronounced frowns, they’re too funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment