Thursday, June 11, 2015

34 weeks and counting

this week has finally felt like summer. We started off by setting up a pool for this preggo to cool off during the hot summer days. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE summertime and the heat but with an extra 20 pounds and attached heater, the days are definitely hotter. 

Meanwhile, 

we attended the send off for our baseball boys to go to state! They didn't win the state game but they made it farther than ever before, way to go wildcats!

I can sense that Cody and I will be making many of the 2-block trips to the snow cone stand this summer ;)

We have these gigantic dandelions in our backyard, who can help but blow them out?




and to conquer our baby to-do list:
Nursery
we still need a rocking chair/glider and side table, and a few accessories like a lamp/cute pillow/hamper/etc. but we’re so close!

Pack the bags
I’ve looked at so many different lists about what to pack, and it helps that I know what freebies we’ll get from the hospital that I can avoid packing. Now it’s just time to set aside bags for Cody and I… and to avoid wearing those comfy stretchy pants for the next few weeks ;) we also got Evynn's diaper bag in the mail yesterday so I can start packing her bag! now to pick a going home outfit for the sweet pea...

The big stuff
after a fiasco with Target, we finally got our stroller/car seat ordered so hopefully that'll get here asap! (I guess that is pretty important ;).  We have most other big things, lacking a rocking chair and breast pump but those will come together soon.

Prepare for postpartum
I have a list of “freezer friendly” meals I plan to make ahead and freeze for those nights that there’s no way Cody and I are up to cooking, and to avoid fast food for 3 months ;) So I’ll be a cooking machine in the coming weeks. I also am looking for the best nursing tank tops, belly wraps, etc.

I'm really trying to soak in these last few weeks, I know once she's here my first pregnancy will be over and nothing will quite compare to the excitement! I can't wait to hold her but i'm trying to enjoy these moments of just Cody and I while I can. I'm beyond thankful that the Lord has protected evynn and I to get to 34 weeks gestation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment