Sunday, September 8, 2013

frilly invites




One of my close friends from home is getting married 2 weeks before I am in October. Since we're both super busy planning work schedules, moving, jobs, own weddings, we haven't had a chance to attend anything for each others weddings! In fact, we haven't even seen each other in months! 

Anyways, we decided to throw each others bridal brunches for the day of each others weddings. So, since Shelby's is first, I got started on her invites. I saw these frilly ones on pinterest awhile ago and wanted to try. I originally wanted to sew the tissue paper on but after a stubborn sewing machine issue, I decided on hot glue and it ended up being super easy!

I printed the invites on my own printer on textured cardstock I got at hobby lobby. Shelby isn't a pink kinda girl, so I choose some different/fun colors for her theme!

 I cut the tissue paper into 1 size rectangles (about 2"x4"?). In the pictures above and below you can see my little layerd piece where I glued the three sheets together with varying lengths showing. Then I just glued that to the top of the invite and cut thin stripes on it!

 I also added some extra confetti to the envelope for more fun when they open them!




(psst. the total cost for 13 invites, was $4.00!)

No comments:

Post a Comment