Monday, September 16, 2013

(nearly) midnight jumble

Since starting night shift at work, I've been trying to settle into my schedule-staying up as late as possible the night before my work week starts, taking a long nap the next day, working 12 hours that night, nap until 3-4ish, back to work, etc., etc. The first night is the hardest. I'm not one to stay up late (I've always been the first to fall asleep at every slumber party, ever.) And most of my friends are still in college so they have things like homework, meetings, etc. to keep them busy in these wee hours that I seek social interaction, ha.

Needless to say, I spend these hours trying to keep myself awake by virtually organizing our future home, scrolling through hours of Pinterest, and blogging.

Anyone seen the precious video of this guy? Love. it.

I'm not too keen on this article and similar ones. In our premartial lessons we've learned plenty well that we don't know much about our significant other, at all. We're still in that infatuation stage and will be for a few years. THEN, we'll get to know who we really are. I get that. However, I don't think we should title it as "marrying the wrong person". ouch. We're all imperfect, sinful, desperate-for-Jesus humans, let's help eachother out a bit, eh?

I stumbled upon this news and am so excited. I went to collegiate week in Glorietta, NM last August and heard The Hatmakers speak on several accounts. I love their hearts for Jesus, servitude, and sarcasm. I can't wait to watch their new TV show!


Coming up: tons of house updates as we get the keys, move in, and begin the decorating process!

No comments:

Post a Comment