Tuesday, June 26, 2012

summer heat

Today's temperature in the dry desert land of Lubbock, Texas was 103. one. hundred. and. three. I loooove the heat, don't get me wrong, but sometimes this much of it isn't very pleasant to be outside in. But then again I hate wasting summer days inside, and I don't see this heat going anywhere anytime soon. With that said, I filled today up with outdoor DIY projects. Hours of sweating later, I completed 2 additions to my new room (6 days away from the move!).

The first project: I found these two floral pictures for $2.50 at a sale when I was home last weekend. I had tried this project before but found that I ended up painting the stickers down. This time I got stickers that would be used on mailboxes and cut them out. I didn't mean for the "L" to be ontop in that picture, because there really is no "L" in "Don't worry, be happy", but I had to get creative with the lack of "T" selection. Once the letters were placed I painted over. I chose yellow and gray to match the bathroom scheme we're going with. After that part was done, I put the letters off. I liked the gold frame but decided I would like white better. (I would have painted the frame first if I would've been smarter).






Second project: I was looking for a bookshelf to hold... books of course. And binders of past classes' information I've taken, picture frames, etc. I found this gem at a consignment furniture store in Lubbock and bought it at 11:00. Around lunch a friend brought his truck to help me get it and bring it home, then the painting began. I decided on green because 1) I wanted a pop of color in my all-white/cant-paint-the-walls room and 2) I just so happen to have a galloon of green paint at my house. The painting began. I don't suggest anyone decide to paint in an unshaded area of yard in 103 degree heat for hours. Once the paint dried I ran to Hobby Lobby where I found this chevron print scrapbook paper. I glued it as the background of the shelves.




No comments:

Post a Comment