Wednesday, June 20, 2012

the final countdown

I have recently reflected on the fact that I'll be a real adult this time next year; graduated from college and all. That really set in for me yesterday when my parents called to tell me that they've booked their room for my graduation next May. I'm still in shock that it's coming that soon. And so, I've realized that these tiny "huge ordeals" i'm going through will seem like nothing in 2...5...10 years. The lack of a job I have right now; donating plasma to be able to afford a weekend at the lake with my friends. Having class at 9am but swinging at the park with friends at 10pm the night before. Camping out in 20 degree weather for a week just to get front row seats at a football game, getting away with wearing a sorority t-shirt/nike shorts/chacos everyday, wearing the most ridiculous (light up) Christmas sweater, putting on facemask cream and making a midnight donut run, wearing ridiculous costumes for any occasion possible, taking advantage of Blue Sky's 99 cent Tuesdays, Tech Leisure Pool at any and every opportunity.... these are the moments I'll miss. Then I'm in class, staring at the majority of a quiz wondering how in the world I'm going to pass it.... pass the class... pass nursing school and everything becomes monumental all of a sudden. While these things are important, mom, College only happens once and so why not take advantage of this youthful time I have? It'll all work out in the end (school/job)... right?










1 comment:

  1. The pic of me, you, & Claire from Staff Retreat is DEFINITELY going up in the A P T!

    ReplyDelete