Wednesday, June 6, 2012

be present.

It's hit me that my senior year of college is coming up, and I can barely fathom that. I'm not ready for real life; adulthood; whatever. I want to be in college forever (but once I talk to people who recently graduated, they say that feeling will end soon). Then again, adulthood doesn't seem too bad. I've found myself diving into other blogs this summer and being jealous, but I need to remember; be present. I'm only 20 (going on 21 soon!) once, I only have one more year in college and being dependent on mom and dad, this period of time is only once. So I need to remember that and enjoy the present.

Things I've realized lately:
-I'm turning 21 in alittle over a month! I feel like that takes me to another level of adulthood; I can go out to eat and get a drink... what? That always made people look so much older than me!

-My senior year of college is...here. One more year of college; homework (until that grad school thing), constantly being with friends, RSC, foundation camp, student discounts, college t-shirt collections, etc. I cannot fathom being an adult so soon; hopefully I'll be more prepared by next May!



So, in order to do our senior year right, my roomates and I are creating a "senior year bucket list".
So far:
-swim in fountain on campus
-rockwall climbing
-float the Lubbock flooded streets
-throw a tortilla at a Tech football game (not a big one, but I've never done it)


I realize I rarely update this thing, and even if no one reads it, I can look back and see what the 20-year-old me was thinking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment