Thursday, July 28, 2016

Evynn is ONE

I know I've already posted about her 12 month update and her party and so on, but I just cannot fathom that we have a ONE year old! The last year has been the absolute best and definitely the hardest year ever. I remember when she was the tiniest baby and would only sleep in our arms, eat for 5 min at a time but CONSTANTLY, and cried all the time without any clue as to what was wrong. Now I look around and have a walking, talking, playing, girl who sleeps great and has no time to be held. I cannot believe the challenges, joy, milestones, and growth we've experienced this year.




Sweet Evynn,
You have taught us so much! The second you were born you taught us a deeper love than we could imagine, and that is a wonderful picture of how God loves us! The first few months were full of pure exhaustion, frustration, and sacrifice... definitely sacrifice. Thank you for teaching us this huge lesson in life to sacrifice our own time and energy in order to provide for and care for YOU! We also smiled at the littlest milestones-your smile, your laugh, holding your head up, rolling over, etc. We spent hours sitting on the floor with you, cheering you on the roll over :) As you got older we learned from each other what we all needed! You continued to teach us how to sacrifice ourselves, and how to play and be silly. You've made us realize how quickly time passes and how we have to be present in all times. I so miss that tiny 8 pound baby who wanted to cuddle constantly but I love seeing your sweet, crazy personality come through! I love seeing you study something and try to figure it out. I love seeing you take your first steps, work your mouth to get a word out, try new food, and best of all-show us your love through your wet, slobbery kisses. You're a dream to us, baby girl!


get your tissues ready! something about a cheesy song makes everyone tear up, am i right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment