Thursday, July 28, 2016

birthday month

We knew once we had Evynn last year that July would forever by the birthday month, with all 3 of our birthdays. This was the first year to see it play out and so far, its been a blast!

My birthday was last week, July 17th. I woke up that Sunday morning and Cody had made this set up for me-balloons, chocolate truffles that had candles in them, a shirt i'd been wanting, and a gift card to take a friend out for a pedicure. it was so sweet! We went to church, then had a meeting, I squeezed in a nap, then went to saltgrass just us three for my birthday. 




Last weekend was not only the average of Cody and I's birthdays but also the weekend of Ev's birthday so it only made sense to have our families all be present. 

My parents + my best friend Claire came in on Friday and we joined them for lunch then ran a few errands for the weekend then back to our house to play and Cody's parents plus sister were there shortly.

I had also spoken to Cody's parents and my parents months ago about wanting to get Cody an apple watch and I was so thrilled that we made it happen and completely surprised him :) I could hardly wait to give it to him at dinner on Friday!



after we ate dinner and Evynn went to bed, Codys parents and Cody set up Evynn's gift-a play cottage! 


While they were busy doing that, the rest of us went to work on baking cookies! I baked them and cut them into ice cream shapes the night before so all that was left to do was make the icing and get creative. Mitzi, my mom, and even my dad stepped in to help!







on Saturday morning, Evynn woke up and with some help unwrapped her new present! She was first interested in the doors but throughout the day she became more and more interested and ended up spending the entire present-opening-part of her party in the house!





Saturday afternoon we were in full party prep! Cody and the dads spent all morning fixing things around the house, cleaning up the backyard, washing cars, etc. while the girls were hard at work decorating. THANK GOODNESS we had so much help! We keep saying there's no way we could've done it without everyone. SO much thanks to the ladies who listened to my vision and patiently stuck with me ;)




now onto party details:
the idea here was balloon ice cream cones but between hard soil and the wind, the hardly made it haha. But it was worth a shot!


I had made probably 100 feet in this raspberry, light pink, mint, and light yellow banner so we dropped it everywhere! This is the drink table-we had water, pink lemonade, and some cookies here
remember our cookies from the night before?!

"the party room"



the adult cake was made by a friend at church then claire and I (and my mom who calmed my meltdown) helped make the "melted ice cream" look possible! I got Ev's smash cake at United for free with a coupon, yes!

The ice cream banner was made from the honeycomb banner from target, and then I made and glued on paper i rolled into "cones"

















It was SUCH  fun weekend and we're still cleaning up toys, confetti, and eating our weight in cake and ice cream ;) I cannot wait to see the pictures Monica took throughout the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment