Saturday, August 6, 2016

E'S FIRST ICE CREAM PARTY

If you know me at all you know I love party planning! So, naturally, once Evynn got close to her first birthday (who am I kidding, more like many months ago) I got fully intrigued with planning her first birthday party!

I chose the theme ice cream because it seemed so cute and trendy lately and perfect for a hot, summer birthday!

So, here's the details!
Evynn's outfit: Berry and Kit on Etsy


myself, my mom, and mother in law put these "ice cream cones" made of rolled paper and balloons on sticks in the yard right before the party. Unfortunately there was dry, hard soil and crazy wind to battle with so they didn't last long but here was the entrance into our house for the party

I had a "kids table" set up with coloring pages, crayons, confetti pops, and party hats

the main set up-ice cream bowls (amazon), waffle and sugar cones/ ice cream flavors-vanilla, chocolate, and birthday cake/toppings bar. I used a wooden crate I had around the house to display toppings. The awning was made from cardboard boxes we covered in painted paper and then screwed into the wall

We had this empty cabinet door frame which worked perfectly to display Ev's monthly pictures! Also, her smash cake was free from United thanks for their rewards program ;)

the cake was baked by a friend from church who never disappoints with her baking abilities. once she delivered it to us, myself, my mom, and claire worked on the topping. 

I used a bag of light pink "chocolate melts" from the candy aisle at hobby aisle. I boiled a pot of water, then put a bowl on top of the pot with the melts in them, I added heavy whipping cream to make it smooth. however I think I scorched it because it got very gritty for a minute. After a meltdown, my mom and claire smoothed it all back up. Meanwhile, I had rolled a rice krispy treat into a ball then flattened out the bottom and allowed it to freeze. once we were ready to add the melt, I used a spoon to slowly drop some off the edges to give the "melted look". I added the ball to the middle of the cake, covered it in the chocolate melt, then quickly add the cone so it would essentially be glued on. 





the ice cream cone banner: made from target's pink honeycomb banner and then I rolled colored paper into cones and hot glued it all together ;) easy but time consuming!

the fringe banner was purchased all together from target party section.

the triangle banner was made from "Raspberry", light yellow, light pink, and mint paper cut into triangles and yarn. 




toppings included: caramel, chocolate, whipped cream, nuts, marshmallows, gummy bears, reese's pieces, snickers bites, butterfingers bites, chocolate chips, cherries, and sprinkles

the cookies which were placed all over the place were homemade and home decorated. they turned out adorable and tasted amazing!




i ordered these "sundae fun day" balloons off etsy and they were the perfect big detail!








the drinks table consisted of more banner, a chalkboard i'd made, pink lemonade, ice, and more cookies





college besties




















2 comments:

  1. Congrats dear for your daughters first birthday. You have planned her birthday party really well. Cake looks super luscious. Well got an amazing idea for decorating on birthday party as was looking for such nice ideas! Planning my daughters 5th birthday party at event venue and going to use fairy theme.

    ReplyDelete