Friday, July 17, 2015

24 years | photo an hour

today is my 24th birthday, and what a great birthday it has been! being a july baby myself, I can now empathize with my mom (and cody's mom) that it is hot.hot.hot when you're fully pregnant during the heat of the summer! cody made sure that my birthday was super special, even though we totally were hoping we would be meeting our daughter today (which it doesn't look that way, but hopefully soon!)

I had seen some blogs do a "photo an hour" to document the day and I figured, what better day to do this post than today?!

7am Cody got up and returned back to our room with flowers, chocolate truffles with candles in them, chocolate covered strawberries, a card, rose petals,  a gift card, and a bag of sonic ice. so sweet, he's the best and knows this preggo's heart so well ;)

8 am we headed into Lubbock with our bags for the day and sonic ice in hand

9am Cody enjoying the scenery at my dr. appt ;) see the 39 week post for an update, we're hoping for a baby anytime!
10am after the dr appt we ran errands-post office, oil change, and coffee stop at starbucks


11am I used my birthday money (thanks friends and family!) to get a much needed manicure and got my nails painted pretty pink for Evynn's arrival!

12pm then to the pool we went! we went to the leisure pool at Tech and lived like our college days, lounging by the pool, riding the lazy river and eating sandwiches from the snack bar

 1pm 

 we stayed at the pool for a few hours then I completely slacked on taking hourly pics, oops! after the pool we went to the mall and I got my hair cut and we walked around for a little bit


 5pm I said "it feels like 100 degrees!" and sure enough, it was 102 degrees today, whew!

6pm we met Aaron and Ashley for a birthday dinner and i ordered what else but spicy food,yum!

 7pm sweet ashley brought strawberry cupcakes, my favorite!
 8pm then we headed home and watched the beautiful sunset and clouds on our drive

now we're home watching friday night lights and relaxing! it's been a wonderful birthday, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I've always loved having a july birthday, this year it's extra special as we await our baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment