Wednesday, January 7, 2015

our christmas

We stayed in west texas for the actual holiday and went home to celebrate Christmas on new years with our families due to me being on call for work for the actual holiday. 

Cody and I, after being at home so much anyways, were starting to get a little stir crazy but we enjoyed the relaxed holiday nonetheless ;)

On Christmas Eve we made sausage balls and chocolate covered pretzels together. I loved having Christmas flowers around from people at our church who spoiled us!








Christmas Eve night I ended up staying on call and not having to go into work so we decided to celebrate our Christmas that night. 
excuse the awful lighting in these pictures, while I love our cozy living room, all of the lighting comes from these huge orange bulb chandeliers!


 Cody thought it would be funny to put his hospital socks as a stocking stuffer to me ;)


 Cody typed up and framed our wedding vows as a gift to me!


The day before new years eve (after I got off work) we headed straight to my parents house. We got there and Cody and I passed out on the couch for awhile, oops! That evening we decided to do "Christmas". It's always fun getting to pick out special gifts for everyone. Christmas changes so much each year I get older but I love it all the same. 

I got my parents a canvas print of one of the pictures I took of them on their anniversary. 

 the cats had tons of fun playing in the bags and boxes ;)
 We got my brother a texas tech tie and I printed off and framed a picture of an anatomical heart (I thought it would look great in an office someday!)
 then we braved the winter cold the next day to snap a few family pictures





lastly, a picture from our new years eve. we stayed home with my family, ate tons of snacks and watched football and the ball drop. I was in and out of sleep up to midnight, no surprise ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment