Tuesday, January 8, 2013

back to lubbock


 I came back to Lubbock today to have a week to get prepared for my last semester of college! It's sad to think that the previous month was my last real Christmas break. Next year I'll be a working girl and my long vacations are long gone. 


I spent my last few days at home doing a few last minute crafts in between trying to pack everything.

I crocheted a few more scarves... a gold one for me...
 
..and a grey one for the boyfriend per his request. i made his a straight style (not infinity). i hadn't made one like this before, but i used the same directions but instead of looping it to start, I just made a row, knotted it, and went back and forth horizontally until I was satisfied with the number of rows.





then, i worked one some winter decor for the apartment since the Christmas stuff had to come down! 
I made a garland out of some pine cones that we had outside, leftover galvanized wire i had from hangers I made last summer, and hot glue. I twisted the wire around the center of the pine cone as tight as I could then glued it in place. careful though, these pine cones are painful when twisting the moving them!




No comments:

Post a Comment