Monday, January 21, 2013

a 22nd birthday


my roommate/best friend Morgan's 22nd birthday was this past weekend! I was so excited when she gave me the opportunity to help so I took the job to make hats/decorations and bake the cake. 





first, i made a table runner with a paper bag I got at the store that day. (might i add, sweet boyfriend thought about me when he bought his groceries and asked for paper so i could have more craft supplies). I cut the bag open at the vertical seam so it would be as wide as the bag stands tall. get it?

then, i borrowed some white paint from morgan and happened to find a big tack to use as a polka dot stamp.
 and wah-lah, a polka dot table runner was born. excuse this picture for being so blurry/still bent from the bag shape. i promise it looked better later in the day.


next, i made some party hats. i had some leftover scrapbook paper from a poster i made last semester and just started folding them into cones and gluing; then (after trial-and-error) i realized the hats needed a bottom, so i cut a circle of paper and glued it to the bottom; then i glued them onto some old headbands i never wore anymore; lastly, i glued some frilly boa's to the bottom.







and the cake i baked, i did a reverse "22" on the cake so it appeared through the sprinkles on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment