Thursday, November 15, 2012

DIY scratch off invitation

although I knew Cody was going to go to my formal with me, I wanted to take advantage of any opportunity to do something cheesy for him! So, I made a DIY scratch off to ask him. Oddly enough, the day that I bought supplies to make this we were at the store and bought a scratch off and he let me do all of it (thats the best part, unless you win money, right!?) and so I subtly dropped a "I'll let you do one sometime!"

All the supplies were card stock to print it on, acrylic paint,
dish soap, white crayon


I started by writing the cheesiest poem that I could come up with, ha.


color the scratch off area with white crayon

mix a little paint with dish soap and paint it on. I did multiple layers and as you can see, it's not really smooth. It would have been if I had allotted more time but I was trying to get it to his house before he got back from school.... so I broke out the hair dryer to finish it!


once scratched off, you can see it reveals the underneath!



I also made some chocolate covered strawberries, what person doesn't want chocolate covered strawberries?! as you can see, those too were alittle janky. the chocolate was tired of being melted by the time I got to the "?". not my best but oh well.


I love this boy and I'm so glad he appreciates my cheesy/girly/romantic gestures :)


1 comment: