Tuesday, June 28, 2016

reunion weekend


College girls or "818" (our sophomore year apartment number) reunion weekend was overdue and very much appreciated. Claire and Morgan decided to both come in town one weekend and so did Kate and Lindsey, so most of our group was back in the good ole LBK! We unfortunately were still missing some of our girls, it's just near impossible to get everyone together these days. 

I was scheduled to work on Friday but luckily was able to be on call which meant I could enjoy the day with Claire and Morgan. We went to breakfast with Ashley and baby hudson after getting morgan from the airport. Then we sat on the bed and caught up for hours. Everything from our jobs to me having a baby to friendships and more. We went to a ice cream sandwich food truck Friday afternoon which was delicious and much needed since it was 102 degrees!




We picked up Alyssa from work and went to dinner at la Diosa. This car selfie is one we took many many times so of course we had to reenact!








After dinner morgan and I went to my house where she met evynn for the first time! Then we stayed up way too late (10:30, lol) catching up. 

on Saturday morning, we woke up and went to the lubbock farmers market, we walked around for a short little bit then went to Ashley's where we met up with the other girls.It was so fun having us all together and with THREE babies added to the gang!




We all went to lunch then to Kiva's apartment for an afternoon of swimming. I was enjoying spending time with just the girls and Cody took Evynn for an afternoon running around so I could do so. But i missed them and everyone wanted to see Ev, so they joined us at the pool. I think Evynn had fun and enjoyed our blackberries from the farmers market as an after swim snack ;)








We absolutely CANNOT let that much time pass before we're all together again.

These friendships are truly priceless. These girls pushed me to the Lord and continued to do so for years. We stood by each other through school, dating, engagements, first jobs, held bouquets in each others weddings and now holding each others babies. I hate that not everyone I know has such a group of "college best friends", so I encourage all college girls I know to make those girlfriends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment