Tuesday, June 28, 2016

first fathers day


 I was SO excited for Cody's first father day, maybe little too excited. I love celebrating the man he is everyday but I was ready for a dedicated day of mushiness. And I'm trying to up my gift-giving-game to his standards (he's really so good at gifts!). I finally thought of the perfect combo of gifts and could barely wait to give it to him. I literally asked him everyday for a week if he wanted it and he said no, I'm the worst! ha!

So finally saturday night we "celebrated" since we knew we would be leaving directly after church on fathers day for church. 

I got him a picture of him and Evynn from our spring photo session, a "card" with evynn's footprint on it, a shoulder gun holster that he mentioned he's been wanting, and a packet of family car decals.

The car decals are a complete joke but he loved it! It's from the office when Dwight believes he's the father of Angela's baby so immediately he puts a sticker of a dad and son on his car. Cody dies laughing at this scene overtime so I couldn't pass on the opportunity.





Cody really is the best dad! He just melts when he's around Evynn and is so sacrificing to his time and sleep, ha! He has always volunteered to get up and give her a bottle and allow me to sleep and never complains when he's on "play duty" while i make dinner or whatever. He is so sweet to her and I know he has big plans for how to disciple her and teach her the ways of the Lord as she grows older. 

_____________________

We were lucky enough to be traveling home to see my parents on actual fathers day! Once we pulled in the driveway we had tons of family over celebrating the holiday as well. I couldn't wait to get my dad his gift. My parents aren't big on receiving gifts but I couldn't pass on the perfect shirt for him! I saw this shirt on pinterest awhile ago and knew it would be great. My brother has always called my dad "pops" and raves about how our dad can do anything, build anything, and has overcome just about everything. Although it has mainly come from my brothers mouth, I couldn't agree more. I think he was excited about the shirt ;) 
i hate that his eyes are closed in the 2nd picture but I had to show what it said!





No comments:

Post a Comment