Wednesday, June 1, 2016

one year gift thoughts

Evynn's first birthday is quickly approaching! okay... it's like 2 months away still but in between vacations, camps, and the hustle of summer I know it'll be here like tomorrow. I feel like we have party decor tucked away in every cabinet at this point, ha!

Cody and I haven't really ever bought Evynn a lot of gifts (like, for Christmas), she is plenty well taken care of by her family ;) But, in case we do decide to get her something special from us for her first birthday, these are a few things in my mind:


1. custom teddy bear I love that you can take a newborn outfit/jammies/etc. and have it made into a teddy bear to cherish forever. And there's a place in lubbock that embroiders the birth stats (birthday, weight, etc.) on the back. 

2. convertible car seat this is a must by her birthday, if not before then, for miss long legs! We know we'll be splurging on a convertible car seat either on our own or with a combination of gift cards around the time of her first birthday. We probably need 2-3 for the sake of me, cody, and our babysitter Kortney, however not all of them need to be top of the line. Any suggestions of brands of convertible car seats?!

3. learning activity cubes I hope that if/when we get one of these that Evynn will sit still to play it ;) I don't love the idea of having tons of bulky, space taking toys around, but if its one she will enjoy for longer periods of time, I'm on board!

4. bath letters and numbers we've moved Evynn to our deep bathtub for most of her baths now and she has discovered splashing around! I see longer baths in her future and more play time in the midst of them. So, I think it's time to invest in some bath toys/letters/ and even a non-slick mat for the bottom of the tub. My biggest worry of her being in her big tub is her getting excited and sliding her little booty.

5. board books I love any type of books but i really want to start making a custom book of names and faces for Evynn to learn family!

6. push and walk toys I really bet that she'll be walking really soon but I think one of these standing push walkers would be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment