Wednesday, May 11, 2016

first mothers day

Sunday was my first mothers day! Last year, being 7 months pregnant, I debated on if it counted but this year my technical first!

I worked on Saturday then went to see my bestie who became a mother a few days before that. Once I got home later that night Cody asked Evynn if they should give me my gift. He gave me a gift basket of all organic (duh, Cody...) bath salts, soap, scrubs, incense, oils, etc. all in a basket handmade in ghana. Leave it to an organic store to put that all together ;) He also got me a card and drew Ev's hand in it ;)

Needles to say, I've lots of great bubble baths since then! 

Sunday morning we went to church, where they handed out flowers to all the moms, then home where Cody made lunch and we napped and relaxed. I tried to get a picture of myself and the girly who made me a mom and here was the result (pre-nap):





We're very much in the baby stage still, so I know there's a lot of "mothering" that I haven't even been able to see yet, but I do know so far that being a mom means a lot of sacrifice and a lot of love. I wouldn't have it any other way!




No comments:

Post a Comment