Sunday, May 1, 2016

fiesta |like there's no mañana|

I've always wanted to throw a "fiesta" themed party and I was so happy when my friends were on board, particularly Bess who volunteered to host it with me! 

We set up the decor and food inside and then spent time outside (because the weather was perfect) after we all ate. It was so fun to be amongst community, and crazy to see how much has changed since our college days just a few years ago!

I made churro cupcakes (vanilla cupcakes mix with vanilla pudding mix and cinnamon added then topped with cream cheese frosting/coated in cinnamon sugar). I also bought a few real cactus the other day at Home Depot and had decorated some cans we had with tissue paper. 



 I had found the (underneath) banner at hobby lobby and bought "fiesta" balloons off easy. Bess of course made the perfect chalkboard for the party and we threw together dishes and serving ware for the rest!


 for food: bess made bell peppers, chicken, and taco meat! we had tortillas and taco shells then sour cream, cheese, pico de gallo, and lettuce as toppings. Also, there was a "chips and dip" table


I had seen a recipe on pinterest for "margarita" punch and it was delicious! (1 frozen limeade concentrate, 1 frozen lemonade concentrate, 3 cups water, 1 cup powdered sugar-mix together and freeze. when ready to use, add the frozen mix with 2Liter bottle of sprite and sliced limes)















thank you, bess, for being the perfect co-host! 

No comments:

Post a Comment