Monday, May 23, 2016

evynn claire | ten months





How many months old? 10 months
Weight?  20 lbs
Length? Not sure, probably still 28”
Dr apt? We had our first case of ear infections, unfortunately. Ev threw up all over Cody about 6x in a 30 min time span last weekend. After that she was acting completely normal so we weren’t sure what that was about. The next day she got a fever that lasted a few days, but she still has a few teeth right at the edge, so we wondered if it was just teething. Last monday she was starting to be extra fussy, not eating, etc. and that just got worse on Tuesday. I unfortunately worked the three days that she was super fussy, I’m very thankful for Cody, my mother in law, and Kortney for loving on our very sick and fussy girl in these days! Wednesday morning Cody got Ev up and she had her highest temp of 103.5 so he took her to the dr and I met them there. At this point she was in a full blown body rash, roseola. And the diagnosis of ear infection was confirmed. So we’re on antibiotics and she’s back to her normal self. She still wasn’t crazy about eating all weekend so I feel like I’m back to newborn nursing days ;)

Any teeth?  finally can say YES! Starting the first week of may, I could see SIX teeth right at the gum line-two on the bottom and 4 on the top. On May 10th 1 bottom tooth and 1 top tooth busted through. The others are still very close to coming through!

Sleep? She’s such a good sleeper most days! She wakes up at about 7:00am, takes a nap  9:30-11:00 then another nap at 1:30-3:00 then bedtime at 7:30. Most times we can lay her down without a peep and she goes right to sleep. Other times we have to pat her back or let her cry for a few minutes. But her sleepy signals are very obvious-rubbing eyes, rubbing her face on our chest, etc. so we know she’s ready for bed. She really refuses to sleep anywhere except her crib or moving carseat. My new goals: disassociate nursing to sleeping anddddd getting her to maybe sleep anywhere haha!

Feeding?  She’s a champ when it comes to eating! We introduced meats this month and she’s loved the occasional chicken and beef we’ve introduced. Still loves fruits and veggies. Our go-to is a pan of sliced sweet potatoes I bake, she loves picking up the slices to eat. She still nurses 3-4 times a day probably (or more?) and takes a few bottles when I'm at work. We're working on her drinking her milk in a sip cup rather than a bottle these days. 

Last week I would've said that my breastfeeding journey was coming to an end. I would pump a whooping 1oz during a session. I started my cycle and realized that was probably why. I haven't pumped since work last week but having a sick baby over the weekend I feel like she's been breastfeeding nonstop so hopefully my supply is back? She doesn't seem frustrated or hungry so I'm hoping so! I feel confident that we can make it to my 1 year goal in the comfort nursing department, at least. My worry is if I can keep up with pumpkin 6-7oz bottles for her to drink 3-4x a day! If we have to supplement at some point, it's fine but I do hope we can continue to nurse at least little longer.

Developmental milestones?
·      On may 3rd she decided to give her sippy cup (of water) a try and LOVED it!
  • ·      If shes upset about anything she climbs up to me and holds on while crying… even I am who she is mad at ;)
  • ·      Loves to stand on her own, bend down to grab a toy, then stand back up
  • ·      Into all cabinets and drawers all the time
  • ·      Her crying/screaming volume has increased like 100 octaves so… that’s great…
  • ·      She is SASSY. If we say NO about anything she sits down, spreads her legs into splits, and puts her head down between her legs onto the ground and cries… and we let her ;)
  • ·      She is clingy as can be and constantly wants to be held, with someone… preferably Mom this week ;)
  • ·      She does very good at grabbing her sippy cup and drinking from it! She does better at the munchkin straw cups because she straw Is weighted so she doesn’t have to tilt the cup up to get a drink
  • we celebrated my first mothers day
  • Evynn was dedicated at our church on May 15th
  • still wears size 3 diapers, size 9-12 or 12 mo clothes, and 6-9 mo shoes (lol!)
  • she knows that she gets in trouble when she intentionally throws food on the ground so now she immediately shakes her head no after doing it, hahaha
  • if i'm spoon-feeding her something, she will grab the spoon from me and feed herself

Favorite toy? 
·      She loves her walker, loves to run through our kitchen and around to the washer and dryer and then back, waving the whole time. Future homecoming queen?! ;)
·      Really loves anything she sees, she can have a room full of toys but if a clothes hanger is in her sight, that will keep her entertained for awhile

Speech and language?  Still jabbering up a storm, if only we knew what she was saying! Occasional “mama”, dada, byebye, shakes her head no, I heard “uh oh” once…

Loves?  Running through the kitchen in her walker, looking/trying to grab things gown the kitchen drain while taking a sink bath, trying to get into the medicine cabinet, splashing in the bathtub, throwing all the shoes and bows onto the ground from her cart

Dislikes? Cabinets and drawers that are baby proofed, being told NO, being strapped down in her carseat, waiting on food, being alone, taking antibiotics, sitting still for monthly pictures

Firsts: sippy cup! Ear infection! Tooth!

We love: All of a sudden our baby seems like such a “kid”! She is standing up and one-handing her sippy cup and all that I feel like she’s past the baby baby stage. But we love seeing her grow up, develop a personality, and figure out the world!




photo dump:
















No comments:

Post a Comment