Friday, February 19, 2016

xoxo

Valentines Day came and went so fast! We're extending it throughout the week over here though because Cody's gift didn't get here until Wednesday ;)

 I really wanted to throw a "galentines" party with my girlfriends (and their babies), but I had to work the two days before the holiday, so it didn't happen. Next year?!

Evynn had been sick throughout the week and I either caught her bug or caught what my coworkers have over the weekend. By Saturday night leaving work I was achey and had a yucky throat. When I got home on Saturday night, my sister in law was over hanging out with her big bro and helping with Ev. Cody told me to go take a bath, which he had all ready for me. When I walked in the bathroom I saw a vase of red and pink roses and on the mirror "will you be mine? I love you, always will" So sweet and such a surprise. I investigated to find out that he used my lipstick to write it, but oh well ;)

On Sunday morning, I didn't feel great and Evynn had the snottiest nose, so I kept her home to avoid getting other babies sick. I was soooo tired and just wanted to rest and get feeling better. Luckily, Evynn felt the same way and we both took a 3 hour nap while Dad was at church. We spent the rest of Sunday hanging out, lowering her crib (when did she grow up?! why are we having to lower her crib already?!), and I started a early dinner of pasta and the easiest chocolate molten cake in the crockpot. Evynn hit the sack at 7:30 (then woke up again from 9:30-10:30 before going down for a few more hours...) so we got to enjoy adult conversation without dozing off at our usual bedtime of 9pm, haha!

I just had to take this valentines photoshoot with Evynn. I always thought it was so cute when I saw it on pinterest and knew if I passed on the opportunity with a 6month old, I would be mad at myself. So, we put her in a tutu and I kissed her all over (which is not hard to do!) with lipstick on. She is soo intrigued with the camera that she crawled towards me everytime. So I took a few shots, then sat her back a distance away, took a few more, and so on. They did turn out cute though!









finally on Wednesday night after church, cody got to open his present. I got him a crate from man crates.com, the breakfast package-pancake mix, syrup, a bacon press, pancake batter dispenser, and bacon flipper. all within a wooden crate that you had to break open with the (included) crow bar. i really liked the idea of this gift due to the packaging. what guy doesn't want to break something open ;) over all it was a great valentines and this year with a little mini valentine! I still have some roses to admire for a few more days...



No comments:

Post a Comment