Tuesday, February 23, 2016

weekending

this weekend was beautiful! the weather was seriously 85 degrees (in february), and my parents were here (even though I took no pictures with them, bummer!)

On friday morning we went to Lubbock to file our taxes. After that we were so close to a beautiful neighborhood, the weather was absolutely perfect, and we had our stroller in tow, so we decided to walk through the neighborhood like we lived there ;)



(^^love love my lilyjade diaper bag!)

we ran a few errands.. mostly party planning supplies for ashley's upcoming baby shower! 
as my parents were pulling into town we met them at a new restaurant called "the pickle and the pig". it was delicious. we all got a form of sandwiches-philly cheesesteak, or jalapeƱo cheese bread with turkey and cheese and a side of lobster bisque soup. Then my dad proposed that we share a few slices of coconut cream cake, yum. 

(someone woke up from her nap right as we walked in the restaurant. she's definitely at a hard stage to take out to eat now)


since it was 2pm by the time we left the restaurant we were all stuffed. we picked up BBQ for dinner from our favorite BBQ place, "the shack bbq" but we were hardly hungry by that night. 

On Saturday morning we were extra thankful for my parents visiting-Cody spent a few hours working on homework and I went to a baby shower while my mom watched Evynn and my dad worked on our cars. We hung around the house all day and debated on "doing something", but no specific plans were made so we did nothing. That night we took the youth group to the Hillsong concert which was so fun and such an experience while nana and papa got to enjoy their grand baby ;) i may or may not have left a detailed list of instructions for the "babysitter" ;)





the next day we went to church, out to eat, then my parents went on there way. Cody, Ev, and I took turns taking naps then we made breakfast for dinner (and peas for evynn). Overall a great weekend! Now it's a dreary 37 degree day so I'm refusing to do much ;)

mid-clap, because it's our new thing...and peas on the head ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment