Wednesday, February 10, 2016

6 month favorites/links I love

links i love:
I made these spicy thai noodles for dinner last night and my goodness they were delicious!! We had no meat, and I added extra frozen veggies ontop of the zucchini and mushrooms. We ate a whole pot, 2 bowls each, of them. Oops!

We are going to the beach this summer, I'm so excited! (an 11 month old in matching bathing suits, headbands, and sunglasses, yes!) i booked a beach house and found out it was on a HGTV remodel show so cool!

I'm really wanting to book a trip to marfa, tx soon! It's 6 hours from us now, but that may be the closest we ever are to the quirky town, so let's go!

the age old question keeps getting asked, "aren't you going to give her cereals?". We did not and went straight to table food, baby led weaning style. So far, so good! this article did a great job of explaining it!

a few 6 month favorites:


ikea high chair I got this when I was pregnant because it was cheap ($14!!!!) and sleek and simple. I'm all about getting neutral baby stuff to carry over to maybe a brother someday?! if not that, it's just nice to have clean, white in the kitchen! 

these catch all bibs the thought of the food collecting in there literally makes me gag. Since we've started feeding evynn, I've been known to have sticky hands covered in avocado or bananas, trying to get evynn to take a bite while saying "this is my worst nightmare". And while smushed food pieces is disgusting in my book, these bibs are nice to catch the pieces that don't make it
 in her mouth and a nice surprise for her when she looks down to find more food ;) they wipe and rinse off super easy!

baby moccasins these shoes are all the rave. when I was pregnant I thought they were cute, but I wasn't totally sold. They're a pretty bold fashion statement and I didn't know if I wanted my boy/girl to wear them all the time nor did I want to spend the amount of money that the original seller sold them for (but, hey amazon! $6, I can handle!). however, I did order and got as a gift a few pairs of these and they are THE ONLY pair of shoes Evynn doesn't kick off! So all that to say, we wear them everyday, haha! I already ordered more colors in 3-6 months but tiny feet over here are still a ways a way from fitting into them. 

"bringing up bebe" a friend told me about this book when I announced my pregnancy and I brushed it off, but thinking about what I wanted to read this year, I decided to order it and give it a try. And i LOVE IT! So much insight on american vs. french parenting and basically how we have it all wrong ;) not really, but definitely some good pointers about what works for them. I've highlighted all up and down this book for tips from sleeping to teaching children to wait patiently.

cup of coffee nothing special about this, just an extra need for caffeine over here! Since evynn is doing a combination of army crawling and actual crawling, she is much more busy. And she's such a distracted nurser, so no more Netflix marathons and cuddling. It's all about being busy and active. And she's in a stage where she's waking up 2-3 times a night for the last week or so. Yikes, more coffee please. Cody and I have a system, when I work the next day, He gets up with her. When I'm off tomorrow, I get up with her. But three nights in a row of crazy no-sleeping, I tapped out last night and asked for backup. Thankful for a you, Cody!
oh sweet girl, we love you so much! your sweet and sassy personality shines through everyday. You fight sleep like nobody's business but have leaned that when we lay you in your crib, maybe we're onto something and you are in fact tired, and you crash within minutes. Thank you for this. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment