Friday, April 17, 2015

glitter and gold

After our trip to Austin then back home to baptize some of our youth kids, Cody and I headed out to Ft. Worth for a youth pastors conference at Southwestern Seminary. Since Cody is an online Masters degree students at Southwestern, it was neat to see the actual campus for a change. While in Ft. Worth we were able to meet up with some friends and catch up. Cody and I also checked out a delicious vegan dinner called Spiral then Rodeo Goat for dinner, yum! 

The conference was great! We were able to see a favorite speaker of ours on Friday night and talk to him personally then attend a few breakout sessions on Friday night/all day Saturday. All the sessions were pertaining to how to talk to our students/how to overcome obstacles in ministry or marriage, so it was very encouraging!

Saturday afternoon after the conference we headed north to Sherman to my parents house, ate at my favorite restaurant, and showed my parents my new belly growth ;) On Sunday we went to my hometown church which was fun since we hadn't been there since... Cody and I have been married at least! After the shower my best friend and college roommate Claire and her mom had me a beautiful baby shower! I can't believe I am having baby showers, it is all approaching so.fast.

We got lots of adorable outfits for baby girl and tons of necessities for the nursery. I'm so grateful for everything, now to organize it all! 










 they had set up a few things around the shower 1) had the guests write their name and address on envelopes, that made sending thank you cards out so much easier!! 2) cards that people could fill in the blank of "hopes and wishes for baby" and 3) write a sweet note on a dot that would later become a picture of a balloon bundle we can put in the nursery

 Claire also made these adorable name tags for myself, my mom, and Cody's mom with our new names ;)









 ^^me and claire
 some of my highschool friends and I (and my belly button)


 my grandma, myself, and my mom
 Cody's family and I 

after the shower we went out to eat with my family and Cody's family which is great since our visits with everyone are so few and far between! After that we went back to my parents and had alittle backyard photoshoot. We hadn't "officially" announced her name yet so we decided to take advantage of the E balloon from the shower for our little 

Evynn Claire


26 week update coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment