Monday, February 17, 2014

day of love

I know, I know, "you should love eachother everyday, not just a holiday once a year". and I agree but it's also fun to be more intentional and kick things up a notch when in the midst of (at least ours) opposite schedules and business that we wouldn't normally have.

I was scheduled to work on Friday night so we celebrated on Thursday. We opted for no gifts but my sweetie got me flowers anyways! (side story-I didn't answer the doorbell because I thought 'WHO would THAT be?! I'm not answering that!' and sure enough, it was flowers for me. I called Cody and told him that I did not answer the mysterious doorbell and he was probably crushed, haha but the florists called me and brought them back a few minutes later! oops! )

When Cody got off work that night we got all dressed up and headed into the big city for dinner at a restaurant he made reservations at. 

look how big of a goof he is as I'm setting up the self-timer!



After dinner when we got back home, we sat down together and answered the questions on some cards I made from some Pinterest ideas. There were about 15 cards and they were vague enough to be answered vice versa.

Some of the questions were:
What characteristic of your spouse do you want your children to get?
What would you tell your 15 year old self?
Where do you see us in 5..10..15 years?
What is your dream job?
What do you look forward to about being a parent?
and so on...

Cody and I both agreed that it was a fun way to communicate and love on each other instead of our usual TV or movie watching! Even though we've been together for a bit.. are married.. and live together.. sometimes you just need to sit down and ask the "obvious" questions! 



Since I work at night, I technically have the morning that I first start back at work "off". (Since I was going in for work on Friday night after many days off, I woke up early on Friday morning with cody.. nap that afternoon and go to work that night)

So Friday morning we made a Valentines breakfast with heart shaped pancakes!







We also gained our FIRST nephew on Friday afternoon! So exciting! We haven't been able to see him yet but we'll make the trip across Texas in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment