Sunday, December 8, 2013

our wedding: group pictures and details



 each centerpiece looked different but had the same items: 

a plaid "table runner" (I cut these out of thrift store mens plaid shirts, about 50 cents each!), 

a tree trunk (free! my dad was going to cut them all right before the wedding, but instead I borrowed them from my friends wedding that was 2 weeks before mine!....and now they're being used in further weddings, recycle!), 

a vase OR a bundle of bottles (the vases were free, thanks to my neighbors garage sale where they ended up giving me all the vases for $0 and I painted, or bottles that my brother/dad had been collecting for months for me ;)), 

tree limbs and leaves (free-just went outside!), 

a picture frame (i got these at thrift stores for 30-50 cents each), 

and a candle holder with candle. 

I also placed 4 cards and a pen on every table with questions that the guests could answer for us-this was a fun way for the guests to have something to do and for us to read later :)
I did not have assigned tables, and in fact, the tables were not numbered in order. The table numbers are only to correlate with the age we are in the pictures on the table. Just a fun way for guests to get another look at us!






 For the wedding party table, I just decorated simply. I placed a few empty vases out and girls put their bouquets in them. This way, free decorations and the bouquets weren't taking up table space!








Remember this tutorial for the marquee letter? Here it is on display at the wedding! 

I didn't want to spend alot on food for the wedding, so we decided to do snacks! And since it was an afternoon wedding (3:00-7:00) that was perfect! We had bread, chips, crackers, cheese slices, fruit, dips (spinach dip, bacon cheese dip, etc.) and sweets (pies, bundt cake, etc.). This was SUCH a money saver! My mom and I made a big trip to Sam's the day before, but so many of our family friends stepped up and made a pie here or a spinach artichoke dip there, and it came together so nicely!

I used little chalkboard signs to help label what the dips were
^^I tried to make paintings of our silhouettes on burlap to frame but mine they never worked out quite right. Days before the wedding, I called it quits. I took the burlap out of the frame, bought some navy scrapbook paper, printed out some silhouette profiles from google and cut out the navy paper in that shape and reframed them. I absolutely how clean cut and simple they turned out!



again with the personal touches, I got plain envelopes and cards and made this sign. The guests wrote us notes and wrote on the envelope a number. It was so fun to see all the cards we got with so many different numbers on them, and no idea who wrote them! I can't wait to open them all on our anniversaries!


 I had leftover cotton from my bouquet cotton-pickin sesh, ha. So I filled a few mason jars with them to set around for decoration. 

My dad found this log in our backyard (FREE) and drilled holes in this log for tea light candles, these pictures don't show it lit but it was beautiful!
 I had a photobooth set up with props I'd collected or made! My dad made the photobooth frame out of PVC and we draped fabric over it for the background.


 We really wanted to highlight our family at our wedding, and especially their long marriages! So, we had my mother and his mothers wedding dresses on display. I heard many people enjoyed getting to stop and look at these. 


My cake was a "naked cake". vanilla with buttercream icing. My helpers at the wedding put our own strawberries, raspberries, and grapes on it. It turned out so perfect!


 I made this "family tree" by placing tree twigs in a vase and then taping the wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents on it

 I wanted to do a guestbook we would actually look at, so I made a shutterfly book of our engagement pictures and got metallic sharpies for guests to sign it. This book is on our coffee table in our living room now.
 I made these signs out of some wood my dad had in the garage, stained them, painted the words on them, and dad drilled holes in them. another one of those free decorations ;)

 If you look closely, you can see the "10.16.13" inside his ring.










No comments:

Post a Comment