Thursday, December 19, 2013

a graduate and light up sweaters

My husband graduated this past weekend! I am sooooo relieved and proud for him!! Being a full time student with a heavy load, working full time, and planning a wedding/getting married made for a very difficult and stressful semester. Now that he's a full time pastor it's amazing how he's already so much more invested in his job. I love it! I am so proud of him for finishing this chapter in his life so that we can move on to the next. Now to look into seminaries....

His graduation was last Friday and his parents and grandparents came into town. It was great to have a few days to just hang out with family and eat really well ;). We also conquered most of our christmas shopping on Saturday. 






On Sunday after the family had left town, we had our youth Christmas party... with tacky sweaters of course ;) I made a few Christmasy snacks and thankfully, some of the moms brought snacks as well! Cody and I wore our sweaters that I made to the party. We also had some props laying around like holiday hats, elf ears, etc. It was so much fun! We had a white elephant gift exchange so the kids brought silly gifts. Codys gift was a George Washington picture that he was SO excited about. I had a "bring on the ugly (sweater)" coffee mug at one point before it got stolen :( Other gifts people were not too excited about... fish bait. haha!










happy 6 days until Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations, cody!! and i love the christmas sweaters...you guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete