Monday, December 30, 2013

newlywed Christmas

We knew there would be many "firsts" in our newlywed months. First house guests, first celebration, etc. Who knew that we would have our first sicknesses AND first holidays in the same week though!?

Cody was feeling down for about a week with a nasty cough and cold. Then I got it... thought it was strep throat.. turned fever... turn (suspectedly) the flu. wah wah.

Meanwhile, while sniffling and blowing our noses all week we celebrated Christmas! I absolutely love this holiday and the purpose of it. I very much wish that I could've enjoyed it more (by simply breathing better!), but it was great overall. Cody and I were given the opportunity to serve in our church on Christmas Eve by lighting the Advent candle and lighting everyone else's candles for the service. My husband has done a great job of speaking about the true meaning of Christmas this season and constantly reminding me. 

Since we knew we would be traveling early Christmas morning to his parents house, we did our personal Christmas the night before. 

We made breakfast burritos on Christmas Eve to be prepared for our early trip the next morning... in our Christmas jammies.. (anyone..?)






^^look at this Santa beard sucker I found at Hobby Lobby!

 We had a great time celebrating with Codys family. No pictures to show though. I was definitely getting the worst of illness at that point of the holidays, yuck!




 It was time to add another set of "Stephanie" and "Cody" stockings to the mix ;)



I love being home, I so wish we could've taken advantage of the pool but we'll save that for the next season!

We took a few family pictures in the park before heading back west





Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment