Sunday, August 18, 2013

anniversary date

Cody and I celebrated 1 year (of dating) on August 14th! Luckily, he was done with school and I had a day off that day, so we were able to do the day-date that I wanted to have :)

We woke up early that morning and left Lubbock around 7am to head north to Palo Duro canyon. We drove around and then found good spots to park and get out to hike around. We found this huge cave at the top of a cliff that we decided to go into. I am very fearful about stuff like this but cody pushed me to keep going and turns out, I enjoyed it :) We packed alittle picnic and stopped before 1 of the trails to eat too. 

 





after Palo Duro, we continued driving north to Amarillo. Here, we stopped by Cadillac Ranch (a random field on the side of the interstate with some literal cadillacs buried into the ground and then spray painted by thousands of people). It's random and not too exciting, but I always wanted to say I'd been there! 









(^^ most of the cars there were not from texas, we saw... ONTARIO, minnesota, utah, florida, and many others!)


We then tried out this local, tiny, burger place in Amarillo and both definitely enjoyed our California burgers :) We then saw a movie and enjoyed a large bucket of popcorn in Amarillo before heading home. Back in Lubbock we cooked dinner then had our first pre-marital session via skype :) it was definately a fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment