Sunday, December 9, 2012

winter festivities





We had my RSC winter formal last weekend at Spirit Ranch. 



I made some snowflakes as a photo backdrop. I thought it would be easy to make without a tutorial but since this was the first time since grade school to make them, I had to look up directions!
 Some friends of ours had a Redneck Christmas party

Here I am with my little, Shelby



I've also been making more diy gifts for Christmas. These are best friend mugs for my best friend who goes to OSU and I. 


 I got the mugs at target for $3 each. I printed out the shape of Texas and Oklahoma to trace with sharpie and then drew hearts over Lubbock and Stillwater. I then wrote a cheesy best-friends-seperated-long-distance poem on the back with sharpie. After that, I baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Now its permanent!

4 comments:

  1. Cute mugs! Great idea. I can think of many uses for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this and gifted it once but never got a chance to see if washing the mug with soap would make a diff. Have you tried washing it any certain way? Does the sharpie stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that it's probably better to hand wash these rather than use a dishwasher. Also, using a paint marker rather than a sharpie and once cooking them, letting them remain in the oven while the oven is off until all the way cool are two other tips!

      Delete
    2. This is probably a silly question, but I want to do this for my best friend in Alabama...did u give your friend the mug with your state on it? I'm assuming yes? Lol.

      Delete