Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY coffee table

This girl loves a DIY project.

I had gone home this weekend to see my best friend Shelby, attend her sisters wedding, and see my family of course. Since I knew I was going home, I had a vision for a wood pallet coffee table and knew my dad would help make that possible.
we picked up some (smaller than normal) pallets at Home Depot. You can find them behind a lot of buildings but we found the perfect size that we wanted there.

we also got 4 wheels for the bottom. not that we'll be scooting around on this table often, but it'll come in handy to move....and vacuum. 


                 
now time for sanding. we also replaced some of the boards that were odd colored or breaking apart with extra boards from other pallets.
some daughter/father bonding time

and staining

and onto the final product...
 I love how it works in the living room and can be a foot rest for both couches

 also, my parents surprised me last week and built this mantle for our living room! I absolutely love it! And the black middle part is chalkboard paint so we can draw a "fire" in the winter :)


psst. did I mention the total cost for the table was $20? The wheels and an extra can of stain were the only expenses :)




3 comments:

  1. I wish I could do the things you do! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget, I am Steve's daughter! haha that's where it comes from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute!! you are so talented! i love them both so much!

    ReplyDelete