Tuesday, March 20, 2018

BROOKS GRANT | TEN MONTHS



we're in the double digit months! what?!
which means you know I'm planning his birthday party already :)

whats new
this kid and his ears! ahh!!! he had 1 ear infection when he was 4 months old, and Dr. S worried that having an infection so early usually means he is prone to several more... boy, was he right!! We had another (1 sided) infection on Dec. 21st and did a round of amoxicillin. That started a straight up month of not sleeping through the night and we were all on edge. Then, Jan 23rd we went in for his well check and sure enough, he had a double ear infection. I was relieved we had a culprit for the no sleep but also so defeated. We then started a round of augmentin. Sure enough, the next day he slept through the night and got back to the super sweet, smiley boy he is. All praise for antibiotics! BUT, on day 10 of the augmentin he was grabbing at his ears again and waking 3+ times a night... again. You. have. got. to. be. kidding. me. 

So on Feb. 6th, I took him in, again, in the middle of flu season and hoping I wasn't going to look like a fool. Dr. S is so patient with me though! And... right sided ear infection it is. Sigh, he got a shot of rocephin and prescribed a different oral antibiotic. Hoping this works!! It has been quite the month or 2 of fussiness and sleep few and far between. 

sleep
taking the above into consideration, we've had our rough days. but when he is well, he sleeps 8pm-6am then back down until 8am on most days. Then 2 naps (10-12 and 2-4).  We usually just put him in his bed around that time and he puts himself down.

eat
he is still breastfeeding 3-4 times a day (or 3-4 breastmilk bottles) then eating table food with us at meal times. Theres not many things he won't eat, but we are steering clear from dairy for the most part. He loves oatmeal, steamed broccoli, and eggs!

I am in a constant worry of if we'll make it to the 1 year goal of breastfeeding! I cried the other day, thinking I would have to wean him sooner than later. In a combo of him biting me (yikes!!), my supply going down, and me going out of town, I was stressing. But, I glanced in our freezer and still have quite a few frozen bags. I think we will make it, even if we end up supplementing some this month or next. As ready as i am to have my body back for the first time in 3 1/2 years.. I don't want to rush this nursing season to be over.


development
-he loves to stand up onto things all.the.time but not taking steps yet
-waves.. kinda ;) and moves his lips when we say "bye bye".. so maybe he'll be saying it soon?
-sometimes does baby sign language for "more".. but perfers to stiffen his arms and screech 
-LOVES splashing in the bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment