Sunday, May 28, 2017

Brooks' birth story (in pictures)

We got our birth pictures back from the talented May + Marie photography and couldn't be happier! 

I already covered the whole birth story, but i'll add along commentary to the pictures.


all settled in, piton started and still smiling. Next, you see Cody calling family to give updates and me chomping on the 5445th cup of ice ;)


we were in room 11 again (same as evynn) so that was neat!

cody was a trooper and rubbed my feet

doesn't everyone adjust their own monitors when baby moves? ;)

I posted about this picture on instagram, and how somedays are harder than others to accept the stretch marks. But I have to remind myself that they helped bring about two wonderful children. Giving yourself, and your body, grace is so so hard sometimes!



you can see that I am turned on my side and Lara is about to add the birth ball. We did this, side to side, for the next several hours until about 4am, then we were finally ready!

After 15ish minutes of pushing, Brooks was here!









from the looks of Cody, you can tell it was a long night, ha!






after resting all day, the next morning all the doctors came by to start my discharge process. While they were finalizing those orders, our photographer came back to take "fresh 48 pictures". 



you know those cute pictures of the toddler peeking over at their new sibling, so sweetly? yeah, thats what I wanted. but in true toddler fashion Ev was not in the mood.. thus, we busted out the glove balloon. 











we have soon many more pictures, but I won't bore you with every one of them! 

We're so thankful for Brooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment