Sunday, March 27, 2016

HE IS RISEN | Easter 2016


I love easter. First and foremost, it is day that our Lord and Savior rose from the dead and conquered death after dying a gruesome death on a cross for my sins. While I love me some jelly beans and bunny rabbits, it is important to remember what the holiday really is about. 

Secondly, easter seems to be opening day, if you will, to spring. Flowers are blooming, people wear their most colorful attire, and the weather starts warming up has warm days ;) (this weekend however was freeeeezing in the morning.)

I bought some tulips the other day at the store and they're beautiful! I love love tulips in my home for springtime. 



I worked an extremely tiring shift on Friday and came home to my parents in town (and my mom made dinner, score!). Then my brother and sister in law came in later Friday night. After Ev went to bed at 7 we all hung out till way past our bedtime. 

Saturday morning we did the color run 5K. I signed Cody and I up for this months ago; I had always wanted to do it for fun and always ended up working or out of town so this was our chance. It also required us to stay in town for easter weekend, but it was so fun!

The weather was in the 40's that morning but we wanted to wear the minimum knowing that we would come out of the race a mess, so we braved the cold in our shorts and t-shirts (we had jackets on but wrapped them around our waists at the color markers). My parents/cody and steph watched ev while Cody and I did the race. We walked most of the way with intermittent running. regardless, my body is feeling it today.



 
(reading the car manual with grandpa, ha!)

After the race we went to Torchy's for lunch, ran around, then went home to hang out and rest. We ordered pizza and watched "the intern" that night. 
Sunday morning we got up and ready for church. Our church had donuts at 9 then Sunday School/service after that. After church we took a few family pictures, then went to Lubbock for lunch, then my parents left and Cody and I headed home to relax the rest of today. 

now time to get ready for the week ahead! 







happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment