Tuesday, September 8, 2015

hometown tourist

it's been so long since I had been to my hometown that I felt like I was a tourist when we went home this past weekend! We had the busiest trip but it was so great to be with family and friends and introduce our little one to everyone!

On thursday morning we left at 5:00am and hit the road. we stopped in archer city to see Cody's grandparents and eat breakfast with them. Evynn was a hit and such a flirt!


we stopped in Bowie on Thursday afternoon then headed to sherman. we ate at my favorite restaurant then relaxed the rest of the night. 

Friday morning we woke up and I went to get donuts and snapped this picture:


Momo's donuts came to sherman right when I left so I hadn't been able to go. they have all crazy donut flavors-i bought us scores, chai, and maple bacon. Yum!
 then Cody and my dad went on a bike ride around town

 once Nana got home at noon we headed out to lunch at another new spot, Willie Jims. It's such a cute place and did not look like we were in Sherman!








 then we changed into our swimsuits, evynn met her great grandma, and we went swimming. the pool water was perfect and slightly warm so evynn loved it like she loves baths!










 then times for lots of visitors!





 hanging with uncle cody ^ and papa
 we knew we were leaving saturday afternoon so we squeezed in some water volleyball before we had to leave



then we went to the lake for a short visit!

 
aunt shelby and gigi had to meet evynn also!

evynn overall did great on her first road trip, all 6 hours! she slept most of the way! we did have a few blow out diapers that caused me to need an outfit change,but overall all went well ;)

she's definitely a growing girl! newborn clothes and jimmies are too small, yet 0-3 is a little too big. but we made this precious 0-3 dress work for us for church :)

No comments:

Post a Comment