Wednesday, September 2, 2015

doing life one handed

things motherhood has taught me:
how to survive on 3-4 hours of sleep (i'm a 9-10 hour/night kind of girl...)
to plan out every minute of everyday when traveling (we'll need to leave at this time if i want to feed her at x time)
how to do everything with one hand

Evynn is a sloooowww eater. Like, an average nursing session may be 45min-hour. So, I learned that if i wanted to get anything done, i would have to manage with one hand. I've figured out how to hold her with her positioned properly to nurse all with one arm and use my other arm. Unscrewing pumping supplies and storing milk becomes tricky, but its doable. Fixing dinner-check. doing my hair and makeup-check. packing a suitcase-check. after making dinner and setting the table the other night all while nursing, my arm was complete jello, and she's the smallest she'll ever be! yikes! I'm expecting some killer arms here shortly ;)




oh sweet girl, you've taught us so much! mostly how to love more than we could imagine and somehow find patience when we feel completely empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment