Sunday, October 13, 2013

brunch with the bride

This weekend was Shelbys wedding. In between planning our own weddings (2 weeks apart) we decided to host eachothers day-of brunches. 

Shelby isn't a pink kinda girl. Luckily, I was so excited to have a chance to go with a gold/teal/purple color scheme! 

I found the gold waffle plate stand (a plate on top of a candle holder), sasuage ball bowl, flower vases, and ice container at thrift stores. how cool is that teal and gold ice bucket?! perfect.


I cut out gold/bronze glitter circles from scrapbook paper and tied them to fishing wire. After some frustration between me, the wind, and unsticking tape, I wanted to call it quits. But, my sweet dad saved the day while I was inside cooking and they were all up by the time I came back out :) 

I made the banner with just scrapbook paper and some gold tinsel I taped on. 



To eat we had OJ/mimosas upon personal request, waffles, fruit, sausage balls, bagels, and mini yogurts (yogurts not seen, isn't it a cardinal rule to forget ONE thing in the refrigerator until the party is almost over?!)


myself and the bride :) (excuse the hair, it was cook waffles or do my hair..... food won.)



No comments:

Post a Comment