Monday, December 21, 2015

holiday happenings

December hasn't ever been the best month for Cody and I. Our first year of marriage I got h1n1 flu the week of Christmas, last year Cody had a kidney stone and I was so nauseas all the time, and this year once again I was sick this time with strep. We have managed to do a few holiday things, but still yet to see Santa.

First was my work cookie exchange party. I took 6 dozen cookies and came home with a huge variety and they were delicious! I made peanut butter cookies in a mini muffin tin then placed reese's cups in them after the baked, and the same with sugar cookie and hershey's kisses. yum.


We then had our Christmas parade downtown. The weather was great and it was a fun, small town parade. We had Evynn in her stroller and took baby ear covers to keep her from the loud sirens and she fell asleep. Yes!


Last Friday we had Codys staff Christmas party at cagle's steakhouse. Delicious.

then last Saturday Evynn and I wrapped presents and hung around the house then that evening we had plans to attend the national ranching heritage museum Christmas lighiting-it sounded so fun! A look back at history and a visit from Santa. We got there and the line was crazy long and not moving so I decided we should leave. Then we went to a church to see their live nativity set. We got in line and cars starting moving, then it started POURING and lightening. So, we decided to leave there also because who knew how long we would be in line. We ended our night at my work holiday party for snacks and games. It was a good night all in all but I'm still bummed I haven't had a picture of Evynn and Santa yet. sigh.


Last week I started to feel a sore throat coming on then the start of flu then I got over it while my little Evynn caught a bug herself :(. I was so excited for my parents and brother/sister in law to come visit this weekend and looked forward to going shopping and running around. But once they got here on Saturday I felt completely miserable. Once they got here I handed Evynn off and spent Saturday and Sunday resting. we did do a pre-Christmas with my brother and sister-in-law since we'll miss each other at home.


(^^ Target had these prank boxes to wrap gifts in. I gave my brother his gift in a box for "earwax candle kit" haha)

Stephanie made evynn an adorable red and black dress. I'm so excited for her to wear it next year!


(^push ups with grandpa)


Evynn got lots of lovin' which was great since I barely even held her this weekend. It was great having my parents here so I could recover while Cody wasn't in charge of two needy girls ;) Sometimes you just need your parents.. even when you're a parent yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment