Saturday, November 28, 2015

for this, I am thankful

I was especially excited for thanksgiving this year after being very nauseas from pregnancy last year, I knew I could actually enjoy the food this time! And having a baby makes everything more fun :)

for the third weekend in a row we were out of town and whew, that is exhausting! first we traveled for cody's grandaddy's funeral then early christmas then thanksgiving. Luckily Evynn is a great traveler!  But I am ready to not live out of a suitcase and actually have a day at home in-between working.

We went to my parents house for thanksgiving and enjoyed being cozy, eating lots of food and squeezing in a little shopping.

I am so thankful for my family, my wonderful husband, our sweet baby girl who brings us so much joy, our jobs, our community and church, and mostly our Lord and Savior!

Evynn got to wear her thanksgiving onesie (then had a blow out, then we washed it to re-wear it for the thanksgiving festivities ;))


 gimme all the pumpkin pie

^uncle Cody being super silly with Evynn

cuddling with grandpa





great grandma!

the boys and stephanie went outside before we ate on thanksgiving for some yard golf






the first one asleep after the big meal ;)

unfortunately the entire weekend was constant downpour of rain so we didn't get to do as much as we would've liked. we did manage to go through target and old navy. (50% the entire story of old navy, what?! thats my love language.)


Evynn did very good waiting on long lines with nana and I

then aunt CC came over to see miss Evynn Claire ;) The day after thanksgiving last year claire came over and I subtly asked "do you know who all is pregnant?!" referring to everyone that posted it on social media that day but surprise, I was telling her. This year she got to play with and feed miss evynn. 


this new flat, closed mouth smile... my heart.


that night I ate my weight in pumpkin pie and tortilla soup and we watched football. I decided it would be fun to get out the video camera to watch parts of my pregnancy that my dad caught on camera. We watched more than that and went back to previous Christmas and laughed until we cried at some of the funny/embarrassing things caught on camera ;) 





I so wish we could've taken some outdoorsy pictures but the 30 degrees pouring rain just wouldn't allow :(

We left early today expecting an icy drive but actually didn't hit any ice at all! Evynn fell asleep before we left Sherman and slept till Seymour. I fed and changed her then and then she slept from seymour to lubbock. She was the.best.baby today and is still happy and playing as we speak :)





No comments:

Post a Comment